This Friday is the last day to register for the upcoming January 17th 2014 meeting of the North Texas Library Assessment Group. E-mail Diane Wahl and Karen Harker to register.
Here is the post from the NTLA listserv in case you missed it:
The North Texas Library Assessment Winter Meeting will be held on Friday, January 17, in the Forum on the first floor of Willis Library at the University of North Texas in Denton. The meeting agenda is as follows:
- 9:30 Registration and light snacks
- 10:00 Update from the NTLA Planning Committee
- 10:30 Panel on Student Learning Outcomes Assessment: Elizabeth Killingsworth and Zoltan Szentkiralyi, both from SMU, sharing their experience at the November 2013 GWLA Conference on Student Learning Outcomes; we are waiting to hear back from other invited panelists
- 11:15 Round-table discussions on Student Learning Outcomes Assessment
- 12:00 Lunch: a chance to chat and catch up with colleagues you don’t often see
- 1:00 Panel on Library Assessment in Accreditation: Karen Harker and Beth Avery, both from UNT; Brenda Robertson, UNT Dallas
- 2:00 Discussion at one of 3 topic tables
- Collection evaluation & assessment
- Future of library assessment
- Overcoming barriers to assessment
- 3:00 Discussion about future meetings
- Can (should) we do it online?
Please let us know if you are coming by Friday, January 10. Please forward this invitation to anyone not on the list that you think would be interested.
Lunch will be box lunches including a sandwich, Kettle Chips, fruit, and a cookie, with bottled water and soft drinks. They are $9.95 each. You can pay with cash or a check at the meeting.
We’ll send out a map and parking instructions after you respond. Parking costs $5.00.
We’re looking forward to meeting and sharing ideas, successes, and learning experiences with all of you.
Kay Chapa, UT Southwestern Medical Center
Karen Harker, UNT
Tiffany LaMaistre UT Tyler
Danelle Toups, TCC Trinity River Campus
Diane Wahl, UNT
North Texas Library Assessment Planning Committee