OK, this is my bad…I neglected to post a message about this prior and now it’s too late. What can I say? I dropped the ball and I’m sorry.
Patricia Reese (Assistant Librarian at UNT) and I co-moderated an e-forum hosted by the Association for Library Collections & Technical Services (ALCTS). This was a two-day discussion on issues related to collection evaluation and assessment. You can read the archives of our discussion. We asked a series of key questions, including:
- What has been your experiences with collection assessment?
- What methods and measures and tools have you found most useful?
- How do you assess for curricular needs?
- How do you evaluate your non-textual collections?
- Where do you see collection assessment going in the next 5-10 years?
I apologize for not letting you all know about this in advance. Look for a summary of our discussion in the ALCTS News.
But I did invite Bradley Gulliford from University of Texas at Arlington to join our little group. I hope he considers sharing some of his ideas and experiences at our next meeting.